As a B2B marketer you’ve likely have heard the phrase “Content is King.” So you started blogging, writing more articles or white papers, and posting videos to your website. Yet you still aren’t seeing the results you had hoped for in terms of converting website visitors to leads. Why is this?
For many B2B marketers, finding the time and resources to create content in the first place is challenging enough. However, creating effective content that makes people want to take action requires more than just posting a bunch of random blogs or articles to your website or on social media.
Producing high quality content that engages your audience and drives them to take action requires a well thought out strategy. Successful content requires that you tell your company’s story in a way that connects with your audience on an emotional level. Remember, your audience is likely just as busy or distracted as you are.
Here are five ways to help get your story across quickly:
- Use visual content – as people engage more with visual content, particularly combined with other forms of content.
- Write great headlines and focus engagement on where you want it most.
- Make the narrative of your story standout so the audience doesn’t have to piece things together.
- Tell stories about you and your customers that are relevant to your audience.
- Package and deliver your story so your audience can find it all in one place.
We’ve been told over and over that good content must not sell but instead educate your audience. While it is certainly important to provide content that educates your audience, it is also just as important to present your content in a way that will drive your audience to take action.